OnTarget Paintball Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sm jan round up

+5
Badger
Cookieboro
KaiD
Budgie
Jon
9 posters

Go down

sm  jan round up Empty sm jan round up

Post by Jon Mon 30 Jan 2012 - 18:09

right come on then guys a round up of the weekend.

place
people
playing
travel
positions
paint
etc etc

whats everyones opinions
Jon
Jon
Admin

http://www.OnTargetpaintball.co.uk

Back to top Go down

sm  jan round up Empty Re: sm jan round up

Post by Budgie Mon 30 Jan 2012 - 18:26

For me was a really good weekend site wasn't the best everyone played well was very happy with the results would've been nice for every team to take a trophy but was only 1st tourney of the season plenty more opportunities can't complain about the paint at all didn't break one ball all day was shooting straight and was breaking on the opposition all round good results. Smile awesome weekend looking forward to many more Smile

Budgie
Pointless post whore

Back to top Go down

Post by KaiD Mon 30 Jan 2012 - 18:58

Site was shite, reffing was a joke all day, paint might as well have been made of bananas. Couldnt take it seriously because of this, lost my drive and enthusiasm rapidly. Although i did have a fun day, was a good laugh and a third place trophy is a bonus! Even now i still dont know how we managed that! The other teams must have been really ** i should not write stuff like this **!
KaiD
KaiD
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookieboro Mon 30 Jan 2012 - 19:24

I found the day pretty good despite the place looking like an old disused scrap yard. The astro turf was an experience to say the least, i found it hard to stand up never mind get a full fun on, but that was mostly down to my year old astro turf boots Razz but as far as sliding into bunkers ect it was amazing stuff i could actually get a decent slide going and i managed to do a half superman Very Happy Very Happy.

Although im no ref myself i found some of the refs lacking somewhat, i duno what game it was but i seen 1 ref pull someone out as hit and another ref call him/her clean....

I think we have some things to work on, communication been one of them but overall think we made some bad choices and paid the price, its nothing to get down about we all still won games and we have another 7 events to make up but i think in them events we need to have a better paint as i found ours to vary a lot, in the morning dropping the paint a foot had it braking but come late afternoon using some fresh balls from the box i found it hard to break them at all and looking through the boxes i could see that the majority of the paint was not round (if not sure if that made any difference though) but it did seem to shoot relatively straight and the fill was like water.

But still it did really enjoy it and im looking forward to our next event, but hopefully with a nice new pair of astro turf boots!
Cookieboro
Cookieboro
i write nothing but dribble

Back to top Go down

Post by Badger Mon 30 Jan 2012 - 19:32

The site could have done with a little bit of gravel a good few tons would do to try and cover where we were parked. Reffing was a joke as Kai has said especially with budgie getting called out and clean at the same time by 2 different refs although it seemed to get better after Sly's 1 for 1 hmmm .... I agree with budgie with the paint though didn't seem to break anything at all and seemed to be going where I was wanting it too and for how much it was I would use it again. I thoroughly enjoyed the full weekend except for getting cramp in my leg while driving home which was not the most pleasant of experiences I must say.
Badger
Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Midas Mon 30 Jan 2012 - 23:07

Place: Apart from the mud (ok the majority it was mud) the rest was ok, just walking to and from the field and especially getting changed and into the cars was just minging :'(
People: The guys there were actually all really sound, generally nice bunch.
Playing: I really enjoyed playing with Mayhem thought we did very well as a team Smile worked well together and can see us doing well this season. As regards to the paint i thought it was fine, could perhaps have been a brighter fill but shot straight and didn't break for me so i can't have any complaints.
Travel: Was so tight packed into Badger's car but apart from that was good. As we were saying thought it was good our team being all together as it helped team 'bonding' so it was good Smile would work for me each tourney. Can't do anything about the distance obviously we would all want to be round the corner but can't be helped.
Positions: Enjoyed playing snake as usual and worked with with Badger covering me down that side. Thought where everyone was playing in Mayhem worked well Smile
Paint: Already covered Razz
Overall enjoyed it apart from the mud and the naff reffing but glad we got some of it on tape Razz but always going to get ** i should not write stuff like this ** decisions. Was chuffed at the price was class just hope it doesn't go up much (or at all) if we decide to change paint.
Midas
Midas

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Mon 30 Jan 2012 - 23:34

it will be upto you guys if you change paint.

talked to kai and tweek and were not shooting that ** i should not write stuff like this ** again. we hardly took anyone out on the break which isnt like us! we suspect we did you just couldnt see the pissy green fill. we would rather pay £30 a case for proper paint!

place well by far not the worst venue. I have seen uttoxeter and ancaster with more cars stuck. Uttox a few times they have had to use a tractor to pull every vechile up the hill. Then there is hellsham (elsham) 2ft of mud and that was on the outside of the field!

we didnt have a good day but it didnt help we wernt impressed with the reffing ( and after watching the video sly he was more than entitled to 1-4-1 you even though quick and harsh he did say out twice especially as it was on your hand, crilly a little unlucky i think! i would of been pissed at that one. ) or the paint so getting 3rd was ok. must try harder next month! me personally i played ** i should not write stuff like this ** and wasnt very happy!
Jon
Jon
Admin

http://www.OnTargetpaintball.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by The Machine Tue 31 Jan 2012 - 11:51

first of field clear my arse :p

the place, i didnt think was too bad but i didnt have high expectations anyway. It was a hell of a journy though and a squash in the car (especially on way home). the astro turf was not what i expected though and seemed like a field of mud, but i kinda liked the slide you got from it.

As everyone said the reffing was a bit hit and miss, some calls were rubbish while some spot on. Budgie being told out and play on by 2 different refs at the same time a prime example.
Also a possibility of a team cheating annoyed me a bit.

the playing i enjoyed, finally played a proper position, not just filling in. Mayhem bonded well other the weekend and i think that showed on the field. we communicated well (could have been louder at times) and moved up the field well. won a few lost a few, but i felt i played really well especially for my 3rd torny. Hope we can build on this and take home trophies next time.

The paint was a little frustrating, sometimes curving away i found, (looked like the other teams had forcefields at times). The colour was a little hard to see i think too.

The price was a good one.

Also i like the new kit, had a little problem with my battle pack (but it is nearly brand new and should loosen in time) but i thought it was all quite comfortable.

The Machine
The Machine
is having a loving relationship with the forums

Back to top Go down

Post by KaiD Tue 31 Jan 2012 - 14:11

Yea as far as the battle packs go i have stuffed mine with locklids in an attempt to slacken it off, should do it!
KaiD
KaiD
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HOBBIT Tue 31 Jan 2012 - 15:32

place - .......shite
people - good bunch of lads but just didnt seem to have te sort of like friendly team to team feeling as it does in the north
playing - loved it bit rusty but more weekends to come to get out of that stage
travel - bouncing Razz i enjoyed it tho people fell asleep didnt mind it
positions - happy where im playing bit more training on it and such but enjoyed it
paint - do i really have to comment?

REFS - ... hmmmmm where to start my 1 for 1 was completely fucked up hahaha i know i was pissed off, refs in genral were just well shite
HOBBIT
HOBBIT
Wannabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Safety Wed 1 Feb 2012 - 0:09

place - seemed easy to get too (obv distance is a far bit), and tanks to Tweek and Sue for keeping us over night!

people - all the teams we played were in good spirits and were able to joke with them before and after games so all in all good! with the exception of Ronin's bluetoothing scandle)

playing - i feel as a team Mayhem played exceptionaly well together, holly was on fire! and i was the most confident ive ever been in a torny knowing that every one know what they were doing and their roles. so well done guys! and from what i saw from delta playing, you guys played well but unfortunatly bad calls knocked you back :/

travel - very cramped but since it saved on quite a bit o money i dont mind

positions - very happy up front with tea bag side and holly supporting me

paint - sh*t paint, braking in my night stick but was fine and more accurate with stock barrel, fill was stupidly dark and me being colour blind make it difficult to tell if id hit some one or not

Field calls - we started with little communication in the first game (even though it only lasted 42 seconds) but got into the swing of things quickly! with the exception of Holly calling "field clear" when it wasnt and getting her self shot o.O Razz
Safety
Safety
would like to marry the forums

Back to top Go down

Post by The Machine Wed 1 Feb 2012 - 8:03

Safety wrote: Holly calling "field clear" when it wasnt and getting her self shot o.O Razz

O.o. Who called field clear cough cough J.D
The Machine
The Machine
is having a loving relationship with the forums

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down