OnTarget Paintball Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steve Jobs

+5
ste lake
Badger
Cookieboro
KaiD
Jon
9 posters

Go down

Steve Jobs Empty Steve Jobs

Post by Jon Thu 6 Oct 2011 - 9:50

you all probably know Steve jobs is dead. I know he stepped down from ceo earlier in the year but i reckon he still had a big input in everything that was done!

what do you think apples fate will be now?
Jon
Jon
Admin

http://www.OnTargetpaintball.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Steve Jobs Empty Re: Steve Jobs

Post by KaiD Thu 6 Oct 2011 - 10:38

heh, they might make iphones 'good' lol
KaiD
KaiD
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookieboro Thu 6 Oct 2011 - 12:44

they may agree that flash is the way forward.
Cookieboro
Cookieboro
i write nothing but dribble

Back to top Go down

Post by Badger Thu 6 Oct 2011 - 12:58

The day after releasing iPhone 4s aswell I think they will make a special edition iPhone and might end up making their operating systems good realising Android systems better
Badger
Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookieboro Thu 6 Oct 2011 - 14:06

ios5 has a pull down notification bar (android) and lock screen options (android/win mobile)
looks like they realised they are missing a trick.
Cookieboro
Cookieboro

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Thu 6 Oct 2011 - 17:15

will see what its like! but im not holding my breath. ive been waiting for the iphone 5 to be given the sh*t 4s! there are better phones already on the market so it looks like apple have lost my business.

Now what the hell do i get? any suggestions?
Jon
Jon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KaiD Thu 6 Oct 2011 - 19:29

galaxy II S is a big contender for the top of the smart race, some really good reviews as well!
KaiD
KaiD
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ste lake Thu 6 Oct 2011 - 20:10

Lol what r u lot talking about lol Very Happy
ste lake
ste lake
You not got the point yet?

Back to top Go down

Post by Badger Thu 6 Oct 2011 - 20:28

definitely a galaxy s II our lass has the first one and I can't fault so with brand new software and a bigger screen it would be my first choice. The new blackberry bold looks good but everyone has one these days like iPhones and you may be associated with thumbs Shocked
Badger
Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Midas Thu 6 Oct 2011 - 21:36

iPhones are still the best around, and android aren't better, the reason Apple released the iPhone 4s is because everyone will now want one and go out and buy one, then next summer (which is confirmed) the iPhone 5 will come out, just a ridiculously easy way of Apple making money, everyone does it nowadays, release a tiny upgrade of the current one with a better one waiting in the wings, the've done it with iPhones for a while, nothing particularly better about them from the 'S' generations from the previous one, same as the newest iPod touch and iPad, the only upgrades are the cameras, everything else is the same and it's not like Apple couldn't put cameras on earlier, just a way of making more money. I'm definitely getting an iPhone 5 when they are released. It's fairly obvious i think though Samsung are scared of the iPhone 4 S trying to get it banned in Italy and France, i mean it would make no difference at all, Samsung say it's because the iPhone 4 S is too much like their Galaxy S II but really, the differences between the first iPhone and this one a basically none, ok better software and screens blah blah but the iPhone sparked a whole new generation of touch screens and smart phones, so if anything, the Galaxy is too much like the iPhone. Anyways, bit of a rant but hey, I'm an Apple kid now Razz
Midas
Midas

Back to top Go down

Post by Badger Thu 6 Oct 2011 - 22:12

Look at the ios5 software compared to android/windows they stole just about everything off it!

Badger
Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Poncho Thu 6 Oct 2011 - 22:38

apple 4 life.
Poncho
Poncho
is having a loving relationship with the forums

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookieboro Fri 7 Oct 2011 - 0:13

I would choose anything but iPhone not that apple has done everything wrong they just don't let you do anything, if you don't want to pay 23 pounds for a app you have to jailbreak your fone and void your warranty.

They are obviously releasing a 4s to squeeze a little more money out the customers it makes sense as a business but as a consumer its a insult, I would imagine they will follow thier stupidly high price's and demand high premium for the brand spanking new iphone4s which is just a upgraded cam.

I'm happy that the leading market share for the majority of this financial year is android it shows people are waking up to the idea that decent smartphones don't have to come at such a high price.

soooooooo my vote is s2 Very Happy
Cookieboro
Cookieboro

Back to top Go down

Post by Poncho Fri 7 Oct 2011 - 0:43

apple 4 life
Poncho
Poncho

Back to top Go down

Post by KaiD Fri 7 Oct 2011 - 0:47

well said cookie, iphones are wanted by people who have let themselves be sucked in by the hype (and mac users which is allowed but behind doors, like gayness... ponch Razz ). having had both types of software, although slightly less refined, android is so much more useful and efficient!
KaiD
KaiD
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Poncho Fri 7 Oct 2011 - 1:27

i think everyone is entitled to an opinion, and anyone who tries to push ideals onto others starts to edge towards the extreme, and in worst cases - fascism.
so before the team starts moving towards mussolini's Italy, im sticking with iphone through personal preference, also happening to be my reply to anyone who may ask why I pick mac over windows, and also might remind everyone that the same argument can be applied to watches - Breitling or Rolex over a £20 watch from Next. all watches can tell the time, and none more useful or less useful than the last (except maybe to pull some golddigging tart), but the £40,000+ difference pays for the name of the brand (admittedly much better craftsmanship also, but im discounting this from the initial apple argument)

Anyway what im getting at is that alot of apple users will continue to support the company by buying iPhone, purely as it has very much became a style icon as well as a rather large statement in popular culture, popularising the (arguable) concept of 'apple=money' (a point disproven by myself), an idea that, as well as large overuse in contemporary media, has turned many people to discount the arguments of better usability in android phones, and kept them on the apple path.. not a bad business plan to be honest!

Ergo, i think that the position that apple have created for themselves (kudos!) is economically sound, as evergrowing popularity in apple stocks (as well as their large space for product movement and development) coupled with encouraged popularity through media and general popular culture is unlikely to deteriorate in the foreseeable future, until another 'business superpower' can come along and outstrip apple, a business that from my point of view has yet to emerge.
Getting back to the point at hand however, if the iphone could be taken out of cultural context, then I think that one could say the other leading smartphones may have taken lead, through user-friendliness and more user-leniency, and obviously price; however my answer to the debate is that this can not be taken out of context and I personally do not see Apple being outstripped by any leading competitors any time soon (PERSONALLY!). i also like the interfaces, software and the phone itself fulfills my needs as a customer.

SO what i should've done, through somewhat intricate juxtaposition of the iphone against several other leading members of competition, is bored you to death with a silly (almost) university level answer to a simple 'well do you like it or dont you like it' question.

Kai's fingerprint scanner rocks tho. fakt.

and cheers if you read through that.

thats not me saying im staying with apple to look cool or anything, that was just me expressing my thoughts on why people might stay on the apple bandwagon.

anyway im going to bed. goodnight forumoids x
Poncho
Poncho

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookieboro Fri 7 Oct 2011 - 2:32

I would like disagree that apple has not been superseded as the current economic climate has pushed people into looking for more affordable options and is proven in current sales, yes this may be due to apple not releasing a new phone every year and will obviously pick up more sales when the 4s hits the shelves but i think the days of apple being the front runner as of old is over.

In the Jul 11 quarter apple only had 9% of total market share (based on a us study) where as Samsung had 25% and LG had 20% this clearly shows that apple is loseing its grip on its clientele.
However that's not to say apples stock market value will take a nose dive as the extra revenue they produce from selling products at a higher markup than its competitors keeps apple a high flyer.

I do agree apple for a long time held its self at the forefront of popular culture but the competition has leveled the playing field with stylish easy to use powerful and affordable devices.

Don't get me wrong i would of got a iPhone but in my opinion the pros vs cons sent me in androids direction.

At the end of the day whatever current smartphone someone buys will do what they want it all just depends on how much your willing to pay for the same result.

Cookieboro
Cookieboro

Back to top Go down

Post by Poncho Fri 7 Oct 2011 - 11:55

well I personally think that, yes albeit the 4s was a rather significant let down to fans and avid apple users, i only think they are prolonging a large buildup to a much better smartphone - the iphone 5. after reading up on particular rumours from various apple enthusiasts, i believe that apple will not be 'going under' any time soon, as im personally very much in the opinion that through manipulation of new technologies across their range of mac/ipod/ipad, they will always have a way of keeping on top of the 'arms race', a term that is now arguably applicable to the smartphone market.

i do appreciate where everyone comes from on this whole debate, and it would be contradictory for me to try and push my beliefs onto other people, a system that might have worked for germany between the years 1933-1945, i just personally like qualities of the iphone that i havent yet seen in other phones - the app store, continuous itunes linkage (big one for me), the cloud (file linkage across devices), and easy to manage music through itunes to the ipod on the phone. I think maybe one of the main reasons that I pick apple, albeit most probably subconsciously, is because it is largely music orientated with a large memory for song capacity (obviously not the only phone that does this) and applications that i have came to rely on for recording lectures, organising gigs, composing chord sheets, composing track sheets, as well as managing notes from lectures and other both formal and informal meetings.
Poncho
Poncho

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookieboro Fri 7 Oct 2011 - 12:52

"I" Products where made for you poncho they are your ideal but the fact is everyones wants and needs are different but I for one don't need more than my 16gb of disk space but if i did i wouldn't have to fork out another £150 for a 32gb card where as iPhones you do.

Lets look at some of the points you have made.

app store - android market
iTunes linkage - wmp sync
The cloud - The cloud :p

The problem is apples willingness to collaborate with other company's. Take in consideration the USB connection on a iPhone is completely unique not this is not a problem per se but i know i can go to my mates, mams , sisters extra and know they will have a compatible USB charger i can use. That's good business as you need to buy secondary apple items buy they are trying to monopolies the market and in the past has worked but as i have said the market shares are proving they are not the only contender.

I'm not saying apple products are the worst on the market because they are obviously not they have very solid stylish build quality and people will continue to buy them but its just the price they charge that puts me off.

This has been great, You can't beat a bit off a debate Very Happy
Cookieboro
Cookieboro

Back to top Go down

Post by Midas Fri 7 Oct 2011 - 14:26

well this had kept me entertained throughout my lunch Razz all im adding is im with Poncho oh and cookie, iPhones are free now Razz well upgrades anyways
Midas
Midas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Leigh Fri 7 Oct 2011 - 14:44

FFS people they are only phones! my head hurts after reading all that nonsense! lol! Very Happy
Personally I do miss my iPhone but I have a very open mind, I loved my LG before and my Sony Ericsson before that, its just what you like.
Getting my sisters old Blackberry next so we'll see how that works.
A phone is a phone Razz
Sarah Leigh
Sarah Leigh
Complete Forum Loser

Back to top Go down

Post by KaiD Fri 7 Oct 2011 - 15:01

sorry guys i couldnt bring myself to read all that, i do agree with ponch on the style icon. people do buy iPhones purely because they are the in thing.

and yes, my fingerprint scanner rocks :p
KaiD
KaiD
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookieboro Fri 7 Oct 2011 - 15:10

lol i think we officially killed this thread ponchbro :p
Cookieboro
Cookieboro

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Fri 7 Oct 2011 - 16:10

I've been reading with anticipation. Nice to get a debate goin once in a while!

It really is a toughy. Tbh the 4s isn't much better than the 4. Is it worth getting? I'm still pondering my head is telling mento stop pawing at commercial racketeering and to go for a droid. Cheaper, more accessible, more utilities, better phones!

But my heart is telling me to get a 4s I have loved my 3GS like no other phone I've ever had and I have had the odd phone or 2. This thing has outlasted any phone I have ever owned both battery and the fact I havnt broken it! This speaks a lot as my last contract I managed to kill 19 phones in 18 months!!

Really is gonna take me a while to decide!!
Jon
Jon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Safety Fri 7 Oct 2011 - 16:27

wow lots of words! but im not gonna get sucked into this debate :/

never been a fan of Apple (why pay more for when u can pay less for tech that dose the same thing or more)

so on that note im a HTC guy (and the HTC Sensation is very very pretty Smile )
Safety
Safety
would like to marry the forums

Back to top Go down

Post by Badger Fri 7 Oct 2011 - 16:36

If you like battery life get a balckberry I had one for 18 months only getting a replacement after loosing mine hungover at a petrol station I had no problems with it and still miss how it would last for 5 days without needing to be recharged! When I was at sea and not using it I could get about 2 weeks without recharging. They are an amazing phone but are now just like the iPhone and are a style icon. BBM is pointless if you have unlimited texts aswell. People say it's like texting but for free they have unlimited texts and still don't understand.

Android or blackberry mate.
Android really good especially the galaxy s, good apps & good operating system.
Blackberry nice to have keys on a phone instead of touchscreen. the new bold has both which is a bonus if you browse the web on your phone. But the apps are absolute poop and you have to pay for most of them. If you restart it it takes a good while to turn on maybe 5 minutes which is a ball ache.

Best thing to do get a android and try it say you're not sure in the 14 days period.
Get the new bold and do the same.
Maybe then do it with the 4s.

See what you like out of all of them. You may aswell see for your self which one you prefer for what you use it for. Try before you buy!
Badger
Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum