OnTarget Paintball Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

London Riots

+2
matty_fwd
Badger
6 posters

Go down

London Riots Empty London Riots

Post by Badger Tue 9 Aug 2011 - 23:51

What are peoples thoughts on the subject?

I think its disgusting what they are doing its like when the student strikes happened most of the people taking part in them had nothing to do with the original cause. And the copycats around the country are worse than the people who started it and are just jumping on the bandwagon so that they can do all that they possibly can in life and be little s**ts.

I think that if nothing helps in counteracting it by tomorrow night then they need to send the army in teargas, rubber bullets and water cannons like everyother country around the world.

On another note the last time we had riots like this it was under a Tory government coincidence?

RANT OVER!
Badger
Badger
i write nothing but dribble

Back to top Go down

London Riots Empty Re: London Riots

Post by matty_fwd Wed 10 Aug 2011 - 0:12

i personally think they are a bunch of childish twats, i like the conservatives, but i think they should be more firm.

look at any other country that sends in the army, or armed police with non lethal weapons, the riots are contained pretty quickly and even the threat of violence is normally enough to stop things like this in their tracks.
matty_fwd
matty_fwd
is having a loving relationship with the forums

Back to top Go down

Post by Badger Wed 10 Aug 2011 - 1:43

I heard on the radio today though that the army wouldn't be seen during this time as we dont do that in the UK!

Eventhough we have troops over in northern Ireland.

Everyother country that has problems like this they take drastic action homeguard or just plain coolers with rubber bullets and extremely high powered water cannons like you see whenever Paris has riots. We just need to go out and do more about it rather than watching people who have made a livelyhood for themselves get it all taken away from them by mindless THUGS. Businesses that have survived two world wars without a scratch but then some little twats come along with a petrol bomb to ruin it. What had they done? All most probably just to act like a badman infront of their mates it makes me sick.

I can't post a link to the video with me not being a member for 7 days but there is an elderly black woman ripping the p*ss out of the thugs.
Badger
Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Midas Wed 10 Aug 2011 - 20:06

Just so you know fellas police are now armed with rubber bullets and the water cannons are available to the police on a 24hr request. But yes it is just stupid, people aren't rioting against anything, its just an excuse to smash sh*t up! The reason it started in London is because a policeman killed a boy who was carrying an armed weapon illegally so what was he going to do with it? Pretty likely he is going to shoot someone!
Midas
Midas

Back to top Go down

Post by Badger Wed 10 Aug 2011 - 21:37

Well what it seems like is going to happen now is wherever they withdraw police from is where the riots are going to be worst.

I personally think that the london riots will go quiet in the next night or two they will withdraw police for places like liverpool, manchester, bristol. Then London will start rioting again worse than before.

We will just have to wait and see but I don't think it will stop by the weekend to be honest
Badger
Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Safety Wed 10 Aug 2011 - 23:14

well all i have to say is that this is costing the economy billions! companies arnt covered by their insurance companies because its "civil unrest" the jewellers i work for lost a shop to the riots! over 2mill worth of loss stock due to looting and the shop was burnt to the ground as well!

so this means i dont get a f**king payrise this year! AGIAN!!! FML

wow look at that i made it about me Razz
Safety
Safety
would like to marry the forums

Back to top Go down

Post by Badger Wed 10 Aug 2011 - 23:18

It's also GREAT publicity for the UK especially with it being the olympics next year Mad
Badger
Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Midas Thu 11 Aug 2011 - 14:51

always about you JD isn't it, Jesus Razz you still looking for a job btw? Razz yeah and these riots are just a taste of what its going to be like next year!
Midas
Midas

Back to top Go down

Post by Badger Thu 11 Aug 2011 - 16:48

With the Olympics? I don't think it will be too bad to be honest unless you get the renowned marathon hooligans gathering at the events
Badger
Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Midas Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 1:24

well we shall see, shall be interesting though!
Midas
Midas

Back to top Go down

Post by Badger Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 10:43

Yeah hopefully members of our country aren't stupid enough to do anything that could stop us from gettin future competitions i.e the world cup eventhough footballls crap it will be brilliant for our economy especially in an economical time like this and we wouldn't have to spend as much money on stadiums like south Africa and south Korea did due to the ones we have at the moment
Badger
Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by NickOTP Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 13:42

Yeah MIGHT help the economy but south Africa are still waiting for there money from FIFA so I wouldn't hope on it
NickOTP
NickOTP
Complete Forum Loser

Back to top Go down

Post by Badger Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 14:06

True but the money from the tourism will be fantastic for the country in these days aswell. Tourism might get larger after the olympics or a world cup due to it.
Badger
Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by The Machine Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 14:18

omg riot police out in middlesbrough last night. Not sure if anything actually happened but i thought we were better than that.
The Machine
The Machine

Back to top Go down

Post by Badger Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 14:27

No I am really surprised. But not much at all to be honest Middlesbrough is like that most nights.

I haven't heard of any actual riots happening as of yet but will scan google news now Smile
Badger
Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by The Machine Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 19:49

I looked online couldnt see anything. Just got told by ppl that were near town last night
The Machine
The Machine

Back to top Go down

Post by Badger Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 19:55

I couldn't find anything either Will have to ask about see if any of my mates know.
Badger
Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down