OnTarget Paintball Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

paintballing team

+6
The Machine
KaiD
Safety
Poncho
Cookieboro
azzer and smithy
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

paintballing team Empty paintballing team

Post by azzer and smithy Sun 17 Apr 2011 - 19:25

hi, aaron here me an my mate are interested in joining paintballing team and doing the training can you contact me so i can join up cheers!!! bounce
azzer and smithy
azzer and smithy
shooter

Back to top Go down

paintballing team Empty Re: paintballing team

Post by Cookieboro Sun 17 Apr 2011 - 22:31

Hey Arron and Smithy, its allways good to see new players coming to paintball. At OTP Delta we play speedball.

Is this the type of paintball you are looking for?
Just a few questions, how old are you, where do you live and have you got any of your own paintball gear?

Oddjob

Last edited by j.c on Mon 18 Apr 2011 - 5:18; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling and hyperlinking video!!)
Cookieboro
Cookieboro
i write nothing but dribble

Back to top Go down

Post by Poncho Mon 18 Apr 2011 - 3:21

oddjob pretty much covered it there guys, but look forward to seeing you at future training if youre interested Smile
Poncho
Poncho
is having a loving relationship with the forums

Back to top Go down

Post by azzer and smithy Mon 18 Apr 2011 - 12:50

Hi there we are both 13 yrs old and yes we are interested in speedball we both live in redcar, at present we dont have our own gear but will get it if we need to, please advise the best guns we should use many thanks, cheers! bounce
azzer and smithy
azzer and smithy
shooter

Back to top Go down

Post by Safety Mon 18 Apr 2011 - 20:00

have you guys played speedball before?

and as for markers it alldepends on how mch u want to spend.
if ur at the next training ill bring along my spare mini if one of u needs a maker to play with (only got the one back up marker though)

JD
Safety
Safety
would like to marry the forums

Back to top Go down

Post by azzer and smithy Mon 18 Apr 2011 - 20:18

do we need masks and everything for traning or would we be able to borow urs ahd we havent done speedball before but weve done woodsball and many airsoft sports and wede pay as much as we have to and what guns do you guys have many thanks cheers wright back asap
azzer and smithy
azzer and smithy
shooter

Back to top Go down

Post by Safety Mon 18 Apr 2011 - 20:56

i dont have a spare mask but some one else might. but first piece of equipment u should ever buy is a mask! forget about the marker for the moment

JD
Safety
Safety

Back to top Go down

Post by azzer and smithy Mon 18 Apr 2011 - 23:11

ok well we can order the equiptment wenever u need us to and what paintball guns do use use whright back asap thanks
azzer and smithy
azzer and smithy
shooter

Back to top Go down

Post by KaiD Mon 18 Apr 2011 - 23:46

Dont worry about buying anything for now. Come to the first session and see if you like it. Better making a decision from there!
Keep an eye out on the forums, the next training session will be up and organised (hopefully) before long!
KaiD
KaiD
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by azzer and smithy Tue 19 Apr 2011 - 9:18

ok thanks for your advise wele come down when you want us to
but wat guns do u guys use just so i have an idea of wat to get
thanks
azzer and smithy
azzer and smithy
shooter

Back to top Go down

Post by Safety Tue 19 Apr 2011 - 9:48

Ego's, Geo's, pmr's etc etc
There is no set team marker so dont worry about it
Safety
Safety

Back to top Go down

Post by The Machine Tue 19 Apr 2011 - 10:25

i just getting into the sport and i had a marker in mind, but after getting a little play with this marker and other poeples markers at my first training session i had changed my mind. Not that it was a bad marker, i just did not like how it sat in my hands. there are loads of decent markers out there but that doesnt mean that they are all right for you. I would suggest asking to borrow a marker for your first training sessions, also ask to hold other markers. get a feel for them and find out what you like.
Also ask questions while you there, these guys are really helpful. Like Gair said though your mask is your top priority.
I hope this helps. scratch
The Machine
The Machine

Back to top Go down

Post by azzer and smithy Tue 19 Apr 2011 - 19:01

yeh thanks m8 im tinkin of gettin the smart parts vibe wats your oppinion on that gun n when is training thanks
azzer and smithy
azzer and smithy
shooter

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookieboro Tue 19 Apr 2011 - 19:16

smart parts are out of business so I think you should stay clear from them mate. you should wait and have a look at our markers at training as we have a wide variety and are more than happy to let you have a feel to see if its to your liking.

we are still trying to organise training for may so keep an eye out in the training section for a date.
Cookieboro
Cookieboro

Back to top Go down

Post by azzer and smithy Tue 19 Apr 2011 - 19:23

im going to get the proto slg ultralight what are your oppinions on this gun thanks

Last edited by azzer and smithy on Tue 19 Apr 2011 - 20:02; edited 1 time in total
azzer and smithy
azzer and smithy
shooter

Back to top Go down

Post by azzer and smithy Tue 19 Apr 2011 - 19:39

and do we need paintballs for training
azzer and smithy
azzer and smithy
shooter

Back to top Go down

Post by azzer and smithy Tue 19 Apr 2011 - 19:43

and do we need gas
azzer and smithy
azzer and smithy
shooter

Back to top Go down

Post by KaiD Tue 19 Apr 2011 - 21:34

Wait until you have had a play with some guns, guarantee you will change your mind!

Dont need paintballs and dont need gas. Will let you know on the arrangements for this closer to the time!
KaiD
KaiD
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by azzer and smithy Wed 20 Apr 2011 - 20:22

are these 4 guns good
proto rail
proto reflex 2011
proto pmr 2010
ivert mini
thanks and witch is the best

Last edited by azzer and smithy on Wed 20 Apr 2011 - 20:34; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : rote rong thing)
azzer and smithy
azzer and smithy
shooter

Back to top Go down

Post by The Machine Thu 21 Apr 2011 - 9:48

these guns and/or similar are all used by the team, have a go with them at your first training session. they all seem to have pros and cons as there is no perfect marker. It depends what you perfer to play with etc etc.
No one here will tell you what marker to buy as it has a lot to do with personal preferance. they will give you advice

your best bet is to wait until you have played with a couple of markers, you may find you like one of the stated markers or you may change your mind completely
The Machine
The Machine

Back to top Go down

Post by azzer and smithy Thu 21 Apr 2011 - 10:03

i know but i have held some markers before and they feel nice
and is the etek3 le good
thanks
azzer and smithy
azzer and smithy
shooter

Back to top Go down

Post by azzer and smithy Thu 21 Apr 2011 - 10:12

whitch is the best performance out of all these guns
etek3 LT
proto rail
proto reflex 2011
proto pmr 2010
invert mini
thanks
azzer and smithy
azzer and smithy
shooter

Back to top Go down

Post by J.C Thu 21 Apr 2011 - 12:41

virtually evrery marker is the same in performance, all be it it makes no difference because you cant shoot over 10.5 balls per second anyway. I think the best way to say this is to be quite blunt. Listen to what everyone is telling you , try some markers before you buy one, each marker has pro's and con's in its own right. Personally I would say any spool valve gun it better i.e geo, shocker, but that is MY opinion and the next person might say the EGO is the best and the next a vanguard creed, the next a droid etc. Its like saying which is better brown sauce or red, Vauxhall or Ford, north or south (obviously there is only one answer to this, the SOUTH!!!)

I have been playing paintball for a long time and being ignorant went through 5 different markers before I found one I liked, to do this also cost me the best part of £3000, honestly listen to advice your being given, dont go out and buy a marker yet, wait till you have been to a training session, make sure you enjoy supair and have a proper feel with different markers and make a decision upon this.
There is only a couple of us on these boards that have shot a big enough variation of markers to give you an honest answer on your lists of markers, but we are all experienced enough to tell you the same thing, TRY BEFORE YOU BUY. you wouldnt go and buy a car without taking it for a test drive.

JC
J.C
J.C
Admin

http://www.cisservices.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by azzer and smithy Thu 21 Apr 2011 - 13:14

ok
azzer and smithy
azzer and smithy
shooter

Back to top Go down

Post by azzer and smithy Thu 21 Apr 2011 - 13:35

ive held the etek3 LT and ive held the proto reflex 2011 and i think there both amazing guns im just stuck on witch to get i just need to know witch one is better coz i cant tell
azzer and smithy
azzer and smithy
shooter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Thu 21 Apr 2011 - 14:00

Just holding them fella isn't always enough shooting they feel a lot different. We can all tell how enthusiastic you are but just wait a little longer. Get yourself a decent mask which is always the most important thing safety before anything else!

Then when you come to training we have lots of guns which you can borrow to see if you like them Very Happy
Jon
Jon
Admin

http://www.OnTargetpaintball.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by azzer and smithy Thu 21 Apr 2011 - 18:39

know but im orderin the gun with the mask and im gettin the vents avatar mask
azzer and smithy
azzer and smithy
shooter

Back to top Go down

Post by azzer and smithy Thu 21 Apr 2011 - 18:40

and my mates alredy got his and hese cummin wiv me
azzer and smithy
azzer and smithy
shooter

Back to top Go down

Post by Safety Fri 22 Apr 2011 - 12:41

Right bud, as jon said ur welcome to use a selection of markers! Iv got a Etek 3 LT and a Invert mini, so u can have a play with them. There are a couple of pmr's and even geo's.

Iv played with a wide variety of markers and every one feels diffrent when in use, the size of your hands as well as the length of your arms have an impact on what marker would best suit you. Dont blow £400 on a marker that you dont admire

And JC the south cant function in snow... how dose that make them better???

JD
Safety
Safety

Back to top Go down

Post by J.C Fri 22 Apr 2011 - 13:29

because it means we get days off out of it!!! lol
J.C
J.C
Admin

http://www.cisservices.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Midas Fri 22 Apr 2011 - 20:20

no offense Azzer and Smithy but you really do need to listen to what people are saying, everyone here has much more experience with markers, gear etc. so seriously listen, if you wait a few weeks to order your marker/mask etc it wont make a difference, like Kai said, you will change your mind. I have a proto rail 2011 and love it, doesnt mean Gair will, or ill like his mini etc. Come to training, have a hold and a shoot and see what is best from there. Like i said before you may spend £500 on gear and not like speedball, then your screwed, like people said above, try before you buy. i remember last training session Holly (The Machine) held a mini and didnt like it because she felt her hands were too close together (think this is right) she may have like the look of it online, bought it then not felt right. You dont need a marker for training there are plenty spare, use the variety, you will benifite much more, trust. Hope i havent offended you or anything, just listen to the advice from the experienced people on here Very Happy
Midas
Midas

Back to top Go down

paintballing team Empty what is best out of your 2 guns and im thinkin of the proto reflex 2011 so ime eather getting the proto reflex 2011 or the etek 3 deffonetly one of the 2 witch do u think i should get

Post by azzer and smithy Fri 22 Apr 2011 - 22:08

Gair wrote:Right bud, as jon said ur welcome to use a selection of markers! Iv got a Etek 3 LT and a Invert mini, so u can have a play with them. There are a couple of pmr's and even geo's.

Iv played with a wide variety of markers and every one feels diffrent when in use, the size of your hands as well as the length of your arms have an impact on what marker would best suit you. Dont blow £400 on a marker that you dont admire

And JC the south cant function in snow... how dose that make them better???

JD
azzer and smithy
azzer and smithy
shooter

Back to top Go down

Post by Midas Fri 22 Apr 2011 - 22:15

mate honestly you really need to wait and try a few out. why are you so adamant to get a marker now? its a lot of money to waste if you don't like it. if everyone replies to your post you will get everyone telling you the same thing i am, if they told you which is better, they would all say something different, you need to try them out because asking us, however experienced we are, we have different opinions, we can tell you what we prefer but we can't tell you what you will prefer. just wait 10 days till training and try a few out.
Midas
Midas

Back to top Go down

Post by Safety Fri 22 Apr 2011 - 22:30

i prefer the Etek 3, but i tried alot before i bought it!
im pretty sure if Sly had to choose he would say Proto

Each marker is diffrent in their own way and act diffrently when in use.

TRY BEFORE YOU BUY!!
TRY BEFORE YOU BUY!!
TRY BEFORE YOU BUY!!
TRY BEFORE YOU BUY!!
TRY BEFORE YOU BUY!!
TRY BEFORE YOU BUY!!
TRY BEFORE YOU BUY!!

you might find u like the light weight, low maintence and compactness of a mini while in play over the heavier and bulkier Etek/Proto

at the end of the day its your money but u gotta take into account that u will need a good quality hopper and an air system as well oher wise ur marker will be useless

start using your common sence and dont rush into things before you have thoughly researched and tried diffrent markers!

JD
Safety
Safety

Back to top Go down

Post by Midas Fri 22 Apr 2011 - 22:36

yeah exactly, JD would say his Etek and i would say my Proto, Etek is sexy as though i must say JD. But JD's reiterated point is the main one, TRY BEFORE YOU BUY. I hope you don't think we are being arseholes or bitchy etc, but research them, try them, then spend your money. Your bottle, hopper, battle pack, jersey and pants (if you get your own) cost just as much as a marker on its own. Trust us when we say wait Razz

Sly.
Midas
Midas

Back to top Go down

Post by azzer and smithy Sat 23 Apr 2011 - 0:11

ok
azzer and smithy
azzer and smithy
shooter

Back to top Go down

Post by Midas Sat 23 Apr 2011 - 0:54

We're not having a go fellas, just want to make sure you get the best out of paintball as you can in every aspect Very Happy
Midas
Midas

Back to top Go down

Post by The Machine Sat 23 Apr 2011 - 10:20

Everyone keeps telling you the same thing, so listen to them. Like said before i was going to buy a mini, but after a little play dacided against this. This does not mean it is a bad marker and i believe their are a few players in the team that play with one and would not want to play with anything else. It is just that when playing with it i didn't like the feel personally. Now if i had gone and brought the marker before i had come to a training session i would have been stuck with a marker i didn't like.
Also i liked the look and feel of a marker, after playing with it, i had not even thought about buying. I have just got into the sport (seriously, only 1 training session) so i speak from recent experience. They are not having a go or trying to put you off with the TRY BEFORE YOU BUY. They are trying to save you money. There is no reson to spend good money on a good marker and then find out that you don't like the feel of that marker when you are playing.
The Machine
The Machine

Back to top Go down

Post by azzer and smithy Sat 23 Apr 2011 - 11:23

i know im waiting till after the training to buy one and il probably buy one the next day but its just wat will i do at training if i dont hav a marker ??
azzer and smithy
azzer and smithy
shooter

Back to top Go down

Post by Safety Sat 23 Apr 2011 - 11:34

U will be able to loan one, dont worry Smile

JD
Safety
Safety

Back to top Go down