OnTarget Paintball Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

June analysis

+3
Safety
Cookieboro
Jon
7 posters

Go down

June analysis Empty June analysis

Post by Jon Wed 29 Jun 2011 - 9:50

hey guys and girls how did you feel the tourney went? good bad?

what was your strong points, week points?

i was actually watching a lot more than you thought and know exactly why you didnt win, i could be over critical on you lot but i wont for the time being. i know when i analyze myself i am so critical to even why didnt i take a half step here or why did i do that!!

ill let you lot start and i will chip in as well!
Jon
Jon
Admin

http://www.OnTargetpaintball.co.uk

Back to top Go down

June analysis Empty Re: June analysis

Post by Cookieboro Wed 29 Jun 2011 - 12:50

like I have said, we couldnt expect to walk in and steam roll other teams with far more experience but we could have made it a little harder for them to do it to us.

I think it goes without saying we need to work much more on coms. I felt very passive when I was playing.

its obviously something we can work out with training.

roll on next training Very Happy
Cookieboro
Cookieboro
i write nothing but dribble

Back to top Go down

Post by Safety Wed 29 Jun 2011 - 13:45

I agree with oddjob on the coms front! However another thing was that i felt we wernt butting enough paint off the break!
One thing i was annoyed with my self about was that i kept getting bunkered and if i did move up i was shot when moving to the next :/
Safety
Safety
would like to marry the forums

Back to top Go down

Post by matty_fwd Wed 29 Jun 2011 - 14:42

communication, tunnel vision are two definites that need work
matty_fwd
matty_fwd
is having a loving relationship with the forums

Back to top Go down

Post by KaiD Wed 29 Jun 2011 - 18:11

A biggy which I was picking up on in most matches was a massive lack of movement. The team would make primaries and stay there. There were points where there was no paint coming from the other team, perfect times to move, and no one did. It partly comes down to communication, no one knew what was going on, but also a sence of over excitement. When you get into your primaries, stop, think and then act. You need to be asking yourself "Do I know where other players are? Am I being shot at? Where am I going next? What do I know that I need to be telling my team mates?" They are all questions that need to be considered as soon as you hit your primary. Don't let yourself get flustered and just start firing towards the other end of the field.
KaiD
KaiD
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Midas Wed 29 Jun 2011 - 18:33

yeh i agree also, communication but as a team we were very inexperienced, i was just so buzzing to be on the field i had no idea what was going on half the time Razz definitely a few things to work on at training but more time together as a team we will gel, learn how we all play etc etc and will make life easier for everyone Smile
Midas
Midas
i write nothing but dribble

Back to top Go down

Post by The Machine Thu 30 Jun 2011 - 1:07

I felt the communication was an issue, even if some one shouted others did not hear. I personally feel i was a bit slow to move up. Thinking about it but not reacting. A lot of the games we were all very static.

We were a new team (as not played together before) and i think it showed. When i watched Chaos play they seemed to know who was goining and when. I did not feel this was the case for our team. We need to learn to play as a team. Anticipate each others moves.

A big issue was we were not that aggressive. We stayed back and let the other teams come get us. we were pushed back into a corner as it were.

On a personal level i believe the tourny was very benifical to me and i learnt a hell of a lot.

I believe all the things we may have done wrong can and will be worked on. All we need is to train hard.

Ok i seem to be writing an essay so i will stop. Rolling Eyes
The Machine
The Machine

Back to top Go down

Post by matty_fwd Thu 30 Jun 2011 - 1:14

i feel as though we weren't looking around enough to see where each other was, for example, when i was up at snake 3/4 did people actually know this? or when oddjob made a bump or JD etc...etc...
need more awareness, just a quick glance will suffice
matty_fwd
matty_fwd

Back to top Go down

Post by Safety Thu 30 Jun 2011 - 1:27

agreed! on one occasion i was shouting out locations only to turn around and see every one in the dead box :/ one thought went through my head "oh ****" but that was my own fault for not knowing where my team was
Safety
Safety
would like to marry the forums

Back to top Go down

Post by matty_fwd Thu 30 Jun 2011 - 1:29

we will get there but we just need to get our game craft honed! if we hammer the games like we did down at uttoxeter in training then we will get there! WILL! Razz
matty_fwd
matty_fwd

Back to top Go down

Post by KaiD Thu 30 Jun 2011 - 1:42

To be honest, that field was an agressive field and staying at the back didn't work. Other fields will be different.

Next training we can work on pushing a field and communication, I think they are the two biggest points at the minute!
KaiD
KaiD
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum